We require a production and planning manager for a very busy engineering company. The work we undertake is one off unique large machines or structures. You will be expected to undertake all of the planning of many varied contracts, and then coordinate and control the manufacturing processes to achieve the plan. You will be expected to make sure jobs are produced efficiently at the right cost and level of quality.
You will need to:
- oversee the production process, creating the production schedule;
- ensure that the production hours allocated are monitored and met;
- decide what resources are required and keep mgmt abreast if new requirements are required in good time;
- monitor and manage the timescales for all jobs;
- monitor welding standards and inspect
- review and understand the required quality standards;
- monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed, keeping mgmt informed;
- monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes;
- liaise among different departments, e.g. purchasing, installation, managers;
- work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals;
- ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- supervise and motivate workers;
- review worker performance;
- identify training needs.
- £35,000 to £40,000.depending on experience
You can expect to work around 45 hours per week. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or to introduce new systems.
- The job can be stressful when there are problems or difficulties in meeting deadlines; though can be satisfying when targets are met.
- You may be based on one site, but could also be responsible for operations in a number of locations, including sites abroad, meaning you could be required to travel and spend time away from home.
You will need to have:
- planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process;
- the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems;
- the capacity to grasp concepts easily;
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes;
- attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality;
- the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients;
- the ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
- the ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
The successful applicant
HND/Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline or proven work experience in a similar manufacturing environment
CSWIP qualified ideally
Experience of implementation and management of a manufacturing, production facility
Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate with people at all levels of the organisation
Demonstrated ability to identify and develop people within the organisation
Knowledgeable & highly experienced in fabrication processes and techniques.
Proven experience in managing and leading in a multi disciplined team in achieving goals to deadlines
Strong Interpersonal Skills with the ability to motivate a team while working under pressure.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV for consideration using the contact form below, or via email to email@example.com
Apply now by filling out the form below: